The volunteers of AACI will soon launch periodic Albanian Youth Events called “MBRËMJE RINORE”
We’ll try our best to host these as often as possible, based upon your requests. At these events there will be Albanian/English Music performed by Volunteering DJs and from time to time, we plan to have famous singers, performers, speakers etc. However, they will not be announced, (so that you that plan to participate will be pleasantly surprised). The main purpose of these events will be networking in a professional field.
We look forward for everyone’s participation, and we’ll update you with more information soon. Please stay tuned.
If you have any suggestions on how you can volunteer or how these events can be as successful as possible to fit your desires, please do not hesitate to write to us at email@example.com
PROMOVIMI I LIBRIT LUFTA E TROJES NGA ELENA KOCAQI
Book promotion by Elena Kocaqi.
ADDRESS 255 AUGUSTA ST, OAK PARK, IL 60302
A brief summary of the Book: The Trojan War – A Pelasgian-Illyrian War
This study addresses the Trojan War from the historical context, based on the data provided by the ancient authors. The Trojan War has been dealt with by all the ancient authors, who have considered such an event as indisputable. The best geographer of antiquity, Strabo, gave us the location of Troy, in his Geography. Alexander the Great, after nearly a thousand years, visited the monumental Achilles tomb. Its location was known until the beginning of the Ottoman era. Serious antique authors such as Herodotus, Thucydides, Plutarch, Strabo, Diodorus Siculus etc., have considered the Trojan War indisputable. The influence of the Trojan War in the antiquity is so great that many works have been written by the ancient authors for it. So, for the ancient mentality, this was an unquestionable event. This is not only to be considered but to be taken seriously by modern historians. Since we are ultimately based on ancient authors to explain antiquity, we cannot ignore today something they have written and considered absolutely true because, antique knowledge is closer to the truth than today.
mBREMJE FESTIVE PER PAVARESINE E KOSOVES. 16 SHKURT 2019
Me rastin e Pavarësisë së Kosovës Komuniteti Shqiptaro-Amerikan në Illinois (AACI) organizon mbrëmje madhështore festive. Për argëtimin tuaj do përkujdesën artistët e njohur Florent Nushi dhe Adelina Thaçi. Programi kulturor-artistik pregaditur nga artisti Pajazit Murtishi me nxënësit e shkollës Kongresi i Manastirit Chicago.
Të gjitha kontributet shkojnë drejt vendosjes së një Qendre Kulturore në Chicago.
___ ___ ___
To Mark the 11-Year anniversary of Kosova’s Independence, the Albanian-American Community of Illinois is organizing a celebration event where a traditional program and music will be brought to the participants. The cultural program will be performed by students of the Albanian School Kongresi i Manastirit Chicago.
Be proud of your heritage and come celebrate on this magnificent day.
Online tickets are $40
Adult Tickets at the door are $50
If you buy 10 tickets the 11’Th one is Free.
Kids under 12 Free
All proceeds go towards establishing a permanent Albanian Cultural Center in Chicago.
NGRITJA E FLAMURIT TE KOSOVES. 15 shkurt 2019
Ju njoftojmë se Komuniteti Shqiptaro-Amerikan në Illinois do të organizojë ngritjen e Flamurit të Kosoves në qënder të Chicagos me rastin e Pavarësise së Kosoves.
15 Shkurt, 2019 - NGA ORA 12 E MESDITËS DERI NË 13:00
ADRESA: Bashkia e Chicago-s (Daley Center)
50 W. Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602
Pjesëmarrja juaj ndihmon komunitetin tuaj. Ju mirëpresim. Vishu Kuq e Zi apo veshje kombëtare
SEEKING ARMED SECURITY GUARDS FOR A U.S DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CONTRACT AT CAMP BONDSTEEL KOSOVE.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
• Have a current/active U.S. Passport
• Have two (2) years’ experience in security, law enforcement, or operations within the Armed Forces, civilian police or commercial security within the past five (7) years
• Must have completed a State recognized civilian security or law enforcement academy, or the completion of an armed forces security or law enforcement training program. (Verification of training, such as a training certificate
• Be willing to obtain an NCIC / FBI criminal background report to include fingerprints. Must have a clean criminal history with no convictions or major traffic offenses
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Must be medically fit and undergo medical testing
• Must pass a Physical Ability Test (to include - run 1.5 miles in 17:30 minutes, 21 pushups in two minutes and execute 20 proper sit-ups in two minutes). This is strictly enforced, and exceptions or waivers will not be allowed
• Must be willing to undergo random drug testing upon request
ALL QUALIFIED PARTIES PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUMES TO:
Mr. Genc Shatku